mama scout lab e-course

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

map of my heart


My daughter and I made maps of our hearts.  Mine in my journal, and hers on a piece of watercolor paper folded like a map.We were inspired by a local poetry coop and this post. What a sweet and contemplative project this was. Eva wrote about the things that were so important to her, like her imagination, pets, famuly (sic), friends, and breakfast. This is hanging in her room and so purely captures her at seven, with all her rainbow, sparkly self. I enjoyed making mine too, although it looks so restrained and organized compared to hers - such is the life of a grown up. This would be a great after dinner art project for a whole family to do - pretty simple and pretty revealing (mine has things like coffee and quiet creative time). We just used a black sharpie marker and watercolors. What else could you make a map of? A map of my brain? my desires? my favorite flavors? my previous homes? Endless.....

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I'm going to try this! Aren't her colours beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...