mama scout lab e-course

Monday, February 13, 2012

burn your valentine

My 8 year old son was not interested in making valentine cards for an upcoming party. He was repelled by anything that had to do with hearts or love. 

We have been doing alot of wood working and wood burning projects lately. So, after brainstorming a while, he decided to wood burn the names of his friends onto some of our extra blocks.  My entomologist then spent time thinking of an insect that would appeal to each kid and drew them on with colored pencils. 

I love his project and how it is thoughtful and creative and did not make him uncomfortable with this holiday that must be tricky for so many young boys. 




1 comment:

  1. Way to find a way to make the holiday work for your son! I hope I can do the same for my little boy when he is old enough. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...