mama scout lab e-course

Monday, February 6, 2012

eat outside

This time of year on Florida is amazing; the first thing I do every morning is open all the windows. We eat as many meals outside as possible. 

Living between two lakes means the sky above our house a highway for birds going between the two. 
We watch pelicans arrive each year, many bald eagles, robins suddenly descending in our backyard in a flutter of wings, and my favorite, the millions of grackles and their cacophony that punctuates the clear, blue skies.

A Sunday supper of roast chicken and vegetables with a big garlic-y salad on my back porch while listening to Django in the background is my idea of  the perfect meal. In fact, if I had to choose a last meal, this would be it.

What is your favorite meal to eat outside?




2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhhh I can't believe this! It is so cold in France right now I can't even open the shutters to gaze upon my garden, let alone eat out there! In the summer I love to have "aperitifs dinatoires" outside... apperitif is the French word meaning the ritual before dinner drink and appetizer, we just make it into a meal. Sliced veggies of all kinds, dipping sauces, cheese, fresh bread from the bakery or homemade, raspberries from my bush, and WINE!!! Ice cream is another fun thing to eat outside! Thanks for bringing back all the Florida memories I've been told by my mother- (I was born but not raised in Florida!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne - your description might be my other favorite last meal. I envy the cheese you can get in France. And I am stealing your word "aperitifs dinatoires" - sounds so much more sophisticated than just saying, "we are having snackies for dinner." Loving your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...