I am taking an online blogging course with Susannah Conway and one of our assignments this week is to write and post a list of 10 things our readers might not know about us.
So, here it goes....
1. I once travelled to NYC for New Year's Eve on a whim. Just jumped on a plane with no hotel or arrangements. Stumbled around, trying to stay in 24 hour diners eating mashed potatoes, until finally giving in and finding what must have been the last (and nastiest) hotel room in the city.
2. All my (huge) children were born via c-section, while most of my friends had midwife or home births. And I am okay with that.
3. I watched the police shoot over 50 rounds into an apartment across from my backyard, killing a young man. I then had to go give a statement in which the police tried to get me to corroborate with the story they were creating to protect themselves.
4. I can easily and gleefully eat an entire container of sprinkles.
5. I wrote and taught a class in Paris for my university's art department. It was a dream come true. (The subject was American expatriate artists in Paris)
6. I climbed Chichen Itza (which apparently you can not do anymore).
7. I hitchhiked in the French countryside trying to find this sculpture by Tinguely. I found it. It was amazing.
8. For several years, I ran a subscription produce business with my children.
9. I used to work in a historic movie theatre. I had to hang off the marquee to change the movie titles each week and had to turn on the ghost light before scurrying out to lock up (both completely scared the crap out of me).
10. My husband and I fell in love at an underground, music venue he ran. (The kind where the beer is free but you have to buy a cup for $5.)
What is something interesting about you? Share in the comments!