mama scout lab e-course

Friday, September 16, 2011

i am too tired to write this post

Literally. My feet hurt from pounding the pavement. We went to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, WTC site, and then spend a few hours in SOHO and the village shopping and looking around.

We also stopped to have a full 3 kid cry fest when we found a tiny baby rat and I would not pick it up and bring it home with us. There was no way I could save it, so we had to leave it. It will likely be the one thing they remember from this trip. Nice.








A highlight was The Evolution Store a great shop that sells insect specimens, human skeletons, meteorites and other sorts of oddities. (They have a great online store too!). David and I had gone over 10 years ago and loved it. It is amazing that we now have children who love it as much.

We ended our day by squeezing into a too small booth and enjoying ice cream sundaes at The Three Star Cafe, a neighborhood greasy spoon.

Tomorrow, David is taking the kids to the park (the big one) and I have a conference. If all goes right, we will spend the afternoon at the Met.

1 comment:

  1. The evolution store is incredible -- thanks for posting. Your images are great but I can't get the one out of my head of your three with a baby rat. What sweethearts to be most likely the first to want to save a NYC rat. I can't wait to hear more stories of your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...