mama scout lab e-course

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

real fast food:: avocado salad

This is the fastest, tastiest, most nutritious lunch ever! And the majority of my kids like it, so maybe yours will too.


Simply squish out an avocado per person (no fancy slicers here) and add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped up garlic. Seriously, if I call out, "who wants avocado salad?" kids come running. And avocado is full of all the good fat for growing brains - so everyone feels good about this lunch.

Do your kids like avocado? How do you prepare it?

2 comments:

  1. My son loves avocado. I just scoop it out and sprinkle a little salt and pepper, maybe throw a few tomato slices on the plate and watch it disappear in no time flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for the reminder! this is one of my favorites! growing up, my mom would pour italian dressing in the hole and i would eat it in it’s own little bowl. hope fall is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...