mama scout lab e-course

Thursday, August 18, 2016

{review} The Little Prince


The Little Prince (streaming on Netflix now) is breathtakingly beautiful. It is a haunting tale about growing up, memory, love, reality and mystery and complacency.

This film is not a simple retelling of the Little Prince story; it is a fresh, new narrative that references the original book and folds its characters, iconic images and scenes and messages into an original tale.

It is the best thing I have seen this year. And while my kids enjoyed it, I really think adults will get the most from it. Watch it a few times, reread the original book, get comfortable with not everything making sense, and let your mind travel back in forth in your own personal narrative space between childhood and adulthood.

I would love to know if you have seen it yet? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...