mama scout lab e-course

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

lid marble run

Inspired by a project idea in Family Fun this month, we made marble runs from long boxes and straws. I feel like there is not too much I can say about this project because it is so straight forward and simple. But, that is the way we like to play and make.






The magazine shows a shoe box lid, but any box part will do as long as it has sides. I like this longer recycled box because you can complicate the design. Drawing the maze first is a good idea. Make sure you have false routes and dead ends.






 My kids have made these a few times and really enjoyed the problem solving and test runs. I love unplugged projects like this, especially when they utilize items I already have in the house.

2 comments:

  1. What fun! It's amazing how much mileage you can get out of things like this with kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, it's a very good idea. My little boy will love it!
    thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...