mama scout lab e-course

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

map your room with blocks and words


This idea came from the wonderful book Playful Learning.  My kids' learning co-op is spending the month doing a self ethnography. They are compiling many fun projects (self portraits, various measurements, family trees and oral histories...) into books all about themselves. After seeing my friend's version of this map, I knew my kids would love to make one too. 

They set out their blocks into a map of their shared room. There was much discussion about how to represent things and even if some items should be represented at all. 

I then took a photo and printed it out for them to label their maps. That was it! Simple, fun and a great scrapbook item that I am sure they will enjoy looking at when they are older. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...